April 10, 2011

What's for dinner: April 10, 2011

Okay, so I've clearly been uber busy the last few weeks. So much so that I haven't had a lot of time to blog... or cook wholesome meals for the family. We've done a lot of eating out to celebrate my 30th birthday, pizza eating because it was easy and fast, or grilling with friends and family. Of course, it's also crawfish season here in Texas, so we've been getting our fill and even had our own, mini, first-ever crawfish boil with our fellow couple friends a few weeks ago. Tonight really was no different except that I used the recipe I found awhile back to cook a whole chicken in a crockpot and then used the meat for this recipe. SUPER EASY!

1 chicken cooked - pull meat off. I used half the meat for this recipe.
1 can black beans
1 can rotel tomatoes
1 can green enchilada sauce
1 tub Santa Fe Blend Philadelphia Cooking Cream
Corn tortillas
Shredded cheddar



Mine looked similar to this. I am the worst at remembering to take pictures because I never know I need a picture until I realize what I made was actually worth taking a picture of. :)

In a skillet heat to medium stir in chicken pieces, black beans, cooking cream, enchilada sauce, and rotel. Stir and heat until cooking cream is well blended with all ingredients.

Spray bottom and sides of a 9x13 glass baking dish. Cover bottom of dish with corn tortillas. Layer chicken mixture on top of tortillas, spread evenly. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. Add another layer of corn tortillas, chicken mixture, and shredded cheese. Pop in the oven for about 15 minutes to melt everything together.

Harrison (the 2 yr old) ate ALL of his, so you know it must have been pretty fabulous. The kid lives on yogurt and waffles afterall. Super easy, busy Sunday dinner. It was divine!! Enjoy!

Happy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment