May 16, 2011

Super Mom/Woman?

As I finish wrapping up my work for the afternoon and get dinner on the stove in anticipation of my Management class I have this evening, I started to wonder: Can I ever succeed at being "Super Woman"? I feel like a complete failure 90% of the time in the Super Woman category. Isn't a Super Woman/Mom successful at mothering, working, educating, being educated, cooking, gardening, cleaning, couponing, and always looking fabulous? On top of being a good wife, daughter, sister, friend, grand-daughter, aunt, niece, cousin, accountant, student, etc., etc., etc. Me: FAIL. Well, that lead me to another question: Is there such a thing as a "Super Woman or Super Mom"? We've all seen those Oprah Mother's Day specials of amazing, out-of-this-world moms... and they all make us sick, don't they? Okay, maybe I'm just speaking for myself. But I want to be one of THOSE moms.



But... are they really super moms? Can you be one? Are you one? Can I be one?

The truth is (in the world of Melissa) that no, we can't be super moms/women. We try our hardest to be the best WOMEN we can be, but sometimes its hard. I think we forget that we need each other's support rather than to compete against each other. When we focus on competing with each other, we're not being the best WE can be, we're being something someone else thinks we should be. I don't want to be what you think I should be, I am happy being me. And isn't that the secret to life?



As Gaga says, "Baby, I was born this way!" Embrace it. And do the best ya can!

<3 You Mommy friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment