January 10, 2013

Spring Break Body Ready?

Oh no! I just looked at the calendar and according to my calculations, we have roughly 60 days to get bikini ready for Spring Break '13! What the wha???

Maria Kang has 3 boys and looks like a MILLION BUCKS!

I know, I know. We're moms. BUT, I for one, would like to feel good about my body by Spring Break. Because, let's face it, Summer is right around the corner once Spring Break hits. Especially in TX! Shoot... it feels like Spring here already (at least today - I am SO glad the rain is gone)!


I never really make "resolutions" anymore. One reason is that if I don't stick with it even for one day, I feel like a loser. And should I really wait 363 days to start over? NO. The point of resolutions is to change yourself. So, I make goals instead.

One of my goals is to be up with the kids by 6:10am. I've been doing it every morning, happily. But, yesterday I got up and was up for about 20 mins and then climbed on the couch and went back to sleep. I had a headache from I don't know where and it was KILLER. My head hurt ALL day long. And today, my alarm didn't go off. My phone somehow turned itself off in the middle of the night, even though it was fully charged. Go figure! I have THE worst luck with phones. Anyway... what if I just gave up already? That would totally suck. So, I'm back at it tomorrow.



Man, I am really good at getting off topic, right?

Back to Spring Break. So, one of my goals is to be more active. Notice I wrote be more active. Not "go to the gym every day", not "run three miles every morning or night", not "excercise exercise for an hour every day". {I've been spelling exercise wrong for YEARS. Since when is there no C after X??} I want to be more active. Whether it's playing soccer with the kids, riding bikes, going for a three-mile walk, rock climbing, swimming, whatever I feel like doing, just doing SOMETHING more often than not. That seems WAY easy right? Much easier and more enjoyable than stuffing my face over Christmas break to working out every day. I hope to get there eventually, but it won't happen over night.

I also want to eat healthier. Lots more fruits and vegetables - fresh, not canned. I love both, but I seem to catch myself in a rut. I never know what to make with them and I am really bad at snacking on healthy foods. I don't feel like they fill me up.

Source
Today I went to the grocery store with a mission to buy more fruits and vegetables and I caught myself just standing int he middle of the store. Like.... duh..... what am I even doing here? I didn't know where to start. I wanted it all... and yet, none of it at the same time because I don't know how to incorporate spaghetti squash and cauliflower {I just realized I wasn't sure how to spell cauliflower either} into my every day meals. I decided to start small. I bought some lemons (to make a detox tea or smoothie), blueberries (I know those have antioxidants), spinach, bananas, apples, and carrots. I know what to do with all those things. In the meantime, I will be doing a lot of research on what else I can slide into our family meals.

How are you making changes in the new year?

Great Get Fit Site

No comments:

Post a Comment