November 13, 2011

Spicy Pineapple Mayo

I have been watching "Eat St." on the Cooking Channel every chance I get. I love that show! It chronicles the popular food trucks in metro areas. The food combinations people enjoy today are very interesting to me. Everything always sounds so weird, yet so delicious. I saw an episode a few months back - forgive me but I can't remember any details except that I was intrigued by some sort of pineapple flavored mayo sauce - I think! I think it was hot dogs, but don't quote me on it.

Anyway - here is how I attempted my first shot at spicy pineapple mayo.

1- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
1-1 1/2 c. real mayonaise

Put ingredients in blender and whip until thoroughly mixed. Pour mix into bowl and begin to add seasonings to taste.

I added about a 1/2 tsp. of sugar (I think), about 1 tsp. curry powder, and about 2 tsp. sriracha rooster sauce. You can add more rooster sauce if you like your sauces really spicy, but I have a house full of waah waahs, so I stuck with what I put it in.

Let me know if you try it. I really enjoyed it and thought it was delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment