September 11, 2012

Potato Corn Chowder

Hell friends!! It's been sooo long since I've posted on my blog, but I just have so much to say!

Today's blog is a super yummy recipe I made today: potato-corn chowder.

-4 pieces of bacon
-half chopped onion
-4-5 red or yellow potatoes, peeled and diced
-1 can sweet kernel corn (do not drain)
-2 c. Chicken broth (I had some left from boiling a whole chicken last week)
-1 can condensed cream of chicken soup 
-salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika (as you like it - I used probably a tbsp. of each)
-1 can evaporated milk
-1 c. Shredded cheddar cheese.

In a skillet, cook bacon until desired crispness. Remove bacon to paper toweled plate to drain. Sauté onion in left over bacon grease. Pour onions and grease into crockpot. Add potatoes, corn, chicken broth, chicken soup, and seasonings. Cook on low for 6-8 hours. 30 min before serving, add evaporated milk and shredded cheddar cheese.

Serve warm. Store leftovers, but I doubt seriously there will be much leftover! 

Sorry I don't have a pretty picture, but I didn't plan to post this until I had a couple requests. :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment