I don't know about you guys, but I am SO ready for 2013!!! It's coming! It's only 8 days away!
I have already started my goal list for 2013. We are always striving to be the best person we can be and that doesn't stop when the New Year comes! New Year's Resolutions have been around for forever. Hundreds of years ago, resolutions were likely paying off debts and promising to the gods to be more chivalrous. These days, we're a lot more selfish regarding our goals we set for the new year. Wikipedia says: "The nature of New Year's resolutions has changed during the last decades, with many resolutions being more superficial and appearance-oriented than in previous times. At the end of the 19th century, a typical teenage girl's New Year's resolution was focused on good works: she resolved to become less self-centered, more helpful, a more diligent worker, and to improve her internal character. Body image, health, diet, and desired possessions were rarely mentioned. At the end of the 20th century, the typical teenage girl's resolution is focused on good looks: she wants to improve her body, hairstyle, makeup, and clothing."
With that said, what are YOUR goals for 2013?
- Become stronger in my Faith and closer to God
- Pay off half of our debt
- Workout 3x a week
- Make $XXXX a month with Sugar Mama's Cookies
- Be a bigger presence in my kids' lives and spend more quality time with them
- Craft more
- Get back into couponing
- DON'T be the friend that doesn't show up to parties or celebrations! Idk what's been going on with me lately, but I've got to get out of that FUNK!
- make a garden
- Take the kids to The Polar Express for Christmas 2013
These are just some of them that I can think of right now.
What are your New Year's Resolutions/Goals?
What steps are you taking to make sure you keep the resolutions and meet your goals?