December 31, 2012

A Special "Last Day of the Year" Breakfast! STUFFED FRENCH TOAST

I don't know what my obsession has been lately with french toast, but I am suddenly CUH-RAZY about it right now. I've always loved french toast, but I've never liked going through the steps to make it. Blah! I am SUPER slow at getting going in the mornings, so, I found this recipe for French Toast Bake on Pinterest and decided to give it a shot. If you remember, I made French Toast in the crockpot last week for Christmas morning (on Christmas Eve). It was good, but I wasn't head over heels with it.

I've also always loved IHOP's stuffed french toast. YUMMMM. So, I decided to try the above recipe with an addition of some stuffing. Now, I looked at a ton of stuffed french toast recipes (mainly for the stuffing recipe) and I couldn't find anything that seemed right. Everything said use cream cheese and vanilla. That's it. Um, no. I know IHOP's must have something else in it. Something really creamy and sweet.


Tada! I found this recipe. I only used the recipe for the stuffing (and used vanilla instead of almond extract).

Here's what I did:

Melt one stick of butter in the microwave.


 Add 1 c. brown sugar and stir until mixed well. Pour into bottom of 9x13 dish or pan.

 With a stand or hand mixer, mix 4 eggs and 1.5 c. milk.

In a separate bowl, mix 1 block (8oz.) cream cheese, 1/2 c. powdered sugar, and 1/2 c. sour cream. Mix until thoroughly blended and creamy smooth.

Lay Texas Toast on top of butter/brown sugar mixture. Pour half of egg mixture over bread. Sprinkle bread with cinnamon. Spread cream cheese mixture on top of bread. Layer again with Texas Toast. Top bread with remaining egg mixture.

Once you have all of that done, cover and chill in the fridge over night.

The next morning, sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Pop it in the oven on 350 COVERED for 30 mins, then UNCOVERED for 15 mins.

Done! with flash

Done! without flash
Serve and top with a touch of syrup (it's really sweet, so doesn't need much). The filling is DELICIOUS!!!!

I hope you love it as much as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment