January 2, 2013

The Holidays Are Over... Now What?

Can you believe 2012 is gone? Where did it go? The year went by SO fast!! I say that every year, but seriously. It seems like it went at warp speed this year.

Today, we're putting all our decorations away, cleaning up from our new year's eve party (finally), doing laundry, and just generally putting our lives back together after the holidays. We had a wonderful holiday season with our friends and family and I hate to see it go, but I am very excited to get back to a routine, home cooking, and finishing organizing our new home.

I am going to make this sauce to go over my burritos tonight: Food Pusher

Our BIG goal for the week is to get our other house on the market. Next week CANNOT start without there being a for sale sign in the yard. Seriously. It's taking entirely too long to get that done. In our defense, (I know I keep saying it) we did have to virtually move TWO houses in this move. But, I digress. It has to get done this week.

Something else I want to work on this week is starting on an area to grow a garden come Spring. I found this cool site on Pinterest called Smart Gardener. I can map out a garden, pick vegetables, herbs, fruits, and more that will do well in my zip code. That's great for me, since I live in such a hot, drought-prone area. I can filter my results to exclude plants that aren't heat tolerant and drought tolerant. How perfect is that??

Dream Garden: This Chick Cooks

My plan so far is some sweet potatoes, corn, and tomatoes. I am thinking about bay leaves and culantro, too (apparently it's a lot like cilantro, but less fragile). See! I've even learned something.

My plan is to have my garden ready for planting by the first week of March. I'm really excited! I think it will be something fun for me and the kids to experience together. I love watching gardens grow! It fascinates me to no end.

So what are you working on this week? Are you back to work? Back to the grind at home?

No comments:

Post a Comment