February 17, 2011

Some ways we stay organized

A couple of the ways we stay organized at our house:

1.) We have a dry erase board on our fridge to keep up with our grocery list. We write down things that we have run out of or are close to running out of. This helps prevent too many trips to the grocery store, which saves on gas.

2.) We also have a dry erase calendar in our kitchen to help keep track of everyone's schedules. We list football games, track meets, karate classes, doctor and dentist appointments, my school exams, major testing for the kids, and sometimes we list our bill due dates when money is tight and we need to decide which to pay first.

3.) I also list these items in my smart phone with reminders. This helps remind me of items even when I'm not at home staring at the dry erase calendar.

4.) When I get bills, I post them to my bulletin board in my home office - right behind the computer so I can see it while I'm surfing Facebook.

These items are just to help get your started. Start with one thing at a time and see how it works for you. If you like it, keep it. If not, tweak it!

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment