September 18, 2012

Get Happy Challenge: Day 1

This summer has been an exciting, yet difficult one for me and my family - financially. My husband and I both decided to start our own businesses in late Spring and as you probably already know, starting A business is expensive. Starting TWO businesses? Get outta here! It feels like we committed financial suicide!!

This one thing is enough to make or break a family. The number one thing couple's fight about... yep, MONEY! Blech! We never really had that problem because we've always lived by a budget. We knew what we could afford and when. But the whole reason we started our businesses is that we wanted to put more money away for retirement, college for our three boys, fun stuff for us (can you say Pontoon??), and be more financially set for the future.


I think when we started our new ventures, we knew there would be costs, but I'm not sure we were really prepared for how much it would all cost up-front, nor how long it would take to start making anything back.

Which all brings me to my point for today: Our financial situation is enough to make me go crawl back under the covers and sleep the day away. But, I can't. Not if I ever want it to get better.

My tip for today is get up and get after it!! I was trying to figure out today what motivates me to get out of bed and the secret is.................... COFFEE!!! Yep, good ole caffeine! But, I've realized that when I drink it, it makes me more sleepy. What the heck?! Uh, that's not cool. So, I re-evaluated. I like sitting down with a warm beverage and waking up to my local ABC broadcast, followed by Good Morning America. I just love that gang! They're too cute!



Since one of the things on my to-do list today was already to hit up Walmart for the last few items on my grocery list, I went and investigated the tea aisle. Maybe tea would be more suited for me in the morning? I'm not sure, but we'll see tomorrow.



Today's a bonus day!! Another tip! NEVER EVER EVER GIVE UP! Even when people look at you like you're a lunatic when you tell them, "I'm opening a cookie food trailer!" Yeah, that look like you just smelled a fart? Not what I was really expecting, but thanks for the vote of confidence!

I know I can do this!!! It's gonna be awesome! And you know what, we may be struggling right now, but everyone has to struggle to get where they're going, right? As Dory says, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming!"


Boom! And that's where we're at. :)










*What is the Get Happy Challenge? It is a totally made-up challenge between me and one of my besties, Elizabeth, to motivate each other to get and be happier mommies by Christmas. Each day we will try our darndest to post a tip, goal and thought of the day, and each night we will post how our day was. We will share ideas and words of encouragement along the way as our Xmas gift to each other. Feel free to join our challenge. The more the merrier = HAPPIER!* Follow Elizabeth  HERE!

1 comment:

  1. I think I am going to try to switch to tea as well. It's definitely easier and anything to save time in morn is good! Let's share some flavors and adding cinnamon has lots of healthy benefits. You go girl, your cookies are amazingly delicious. Soon the whole world will know!! Never give up, I like it!

    ReplyDelete