September 22, 2012

Get Happy Challenge: Day 5 w/Day 4 update

Well, here we are on Day 5 and I'm SOOOOO happy!!!!

It's finally working! And I love blogging about it, because it keeps it on my mind the whole day. Kinda like when you do stuff and you think in Facebook status'. For instance, when you're driving behind someone who doesn't know it's okay to drive the speed limit you typically post: "OMG driving behind ppl who don't know where the gas pedal is kills me!!!!"

Yeah, so, that's how this has been working for me and I like it.

Yesterday was a REALLY good day. I got up early and stayed up. NO NAPS! <<usually very hard for me, lately. I made my cookies for my delivery run, I delivered my lunches (maybe got a new customer), took lunch to my sweet husband and played "Coach" with him by helping put up the football uniforms and giving a Health test. That was fun! He was so surprised to see me and it totally made my day!!

Then, I came home and got a lot of work done that's been staring me in the face all week. It felt really good. After the big boys went off to their dad's for the weekend, me and my little boo-bear went to dinner with my parents and hit Kohl's after that to spend our $10 coupon. YAY for coupons!!! :)

Once I got home, the hubs, the little, and I laid on the couch watching tv. We went to bed early, thank goodness! After this emotional week, I needed another good night of sleep.

Which brings me to today's tip! You HAVE to get the right amount of sleep. Seriously. I think I get too much (I love naps), and that's part of the problem. You need 7-8 hours every night. Do you get up at 6am? That means you need to be ASLEEP no later than 11pm. Eeek. I know a lot of us moms go and go and go, but to be better mommies, we're going to need to just call it a day - even with the clothes still in the basket waiting to be folded. Honestly, I think I could work all through the night and sleep all day and feel like a million bucks. I sleep SO good when it's light out. Too bad, huh?


This also means setting an alarm on Saturdays and Sundays! Sometimes hard to do if you went out to celebrate the night before - for say, getting your trailer inspected? I plan on celebrating tonight. I hope I can get up in the morning!



+




EQUALS A BIG HEADACHE IN THE MORNING! WHERE'S THE ADVIL?? :)



Today, I have a lot on the agenda. Blog - check! Clean my house, finish getting organized for my first day on the cookie trailer, get ink for my printer and a bday gift, pay my friend Kayla for her awesome help this week, and enjoy my cute little family!

It's going to be another good day! I can FEEL IT!













*What is the Get Happy Challenge? It is a totally made-up challenge between me and one of my besties, Elizabeth, to motivate each other to get and be happier mommies by Christmas. Each day we will try our darndest to post a tip, goal and thought of the day, and each night we will post how our day was. We will share ideas and words of encouragement along the way as our Christmas gift to each other. Feel free to join our challenge. The more the merrier = HAPPIER!* Follow Elizabeth  HERE!




No comments:

Post a Comment